@PPC users: MLO or Pocket Informant?

ablaze

Registered
Which program do you use and prefer, and why?

I'm going to try out both, just to have that said. I've searched the forums, read most of the threads concerning the programs and I know that MLO is an outliner and PI basically an advanced PIM software and both probably work best with a PC counterpart (Outlook, MLO Pro), but I would like to hear what your experience is with them.

I'm looking forward to your comments!

moises

Registered
Achieve Planner

I tried MLO and found Achieve Planner to be a superior tool. Achieve Planner syncs Pocket Informant. So, you can have a superior desktop tool that synchs with a superior tool for your handheld.

Achieve Planner has a grid format which easily allows filtering on context, person assigned, date started, date due, and many more fields. I tried MLO and it just did not have the flexibility that Achieve Planner has.

That said, Achieve Planner has a steeper learning curve. But it was worth it to me to spend an extra day learning about AP's extra functionality.

ablaze

Registered
moises;54865 said:
I tried MLO and found Achieve Planner to be a superior tool. Achieve Planner syncs Pocket Informant. So, you can have a superior desktop tool that synchs with a superior tool for your handheld.

Achieve Planner has a grid format which easily allows filtering on context, person assigned, date started, date due, and many more fields. I tried MLO and it just did not have the flexibility that Achieve Planner has.

That said, Achieve Planner has a steeper learning curve. But it was worth it to me to spend an extra day learning about AP's extra functionality.

Thanks, I'll accustom myself with MLO first and then try Achieve Planner.

tarheel810

Registered
I have been a long time Pocket Informant for many years. I find that the program can do everything I need for GTD. In fact, it is better at handling a lot of items than desktop Outlook is. The hierachical task view in Pocket Informant makes an excellent GTD project manager. WebIS just released Pocket Informant 8.

nanotech

Registered
I have a pocket pc w/ pocket informant, however I don't really like it that much.

I have been thinking about either ToodleDo or RTM and then somehow getting that synced with my pocket pc and pocket informant. Has anybody tried that?

ToodleDo especially just seems so much easier to use.

JacquesR

Registered
Achieve planner

moises;54865 said:

Hi

I've been using Achiever Planner for two years and really found it useful. When I started GTD, I moved away and started using the GTD Outlook Add-on. I have mixed feeings about this product far various reasons. I'm interested in how you sync to PI. Could you tell me more? Specifically about your projects syncing with hierarchical tasks.

Thanks