• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Printing in CircusPonies Notebook

Hi folks--I'm a very very new user to Notebook. I'm trying to figure out how to print on an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper, two NoteBook pages per sheet so that I will end up with two 5.5" x 8.5" pages that I can then punch holes in, and use in my Franklin Covey planner.

I'd be happy even if I could get the page to print one at a time, and then I could just use scissors to trim it to my planner size.

Now, I know I can get iPlanner to print my iCal pages to my Covey binder size, but I don't know if there's a way to get from NoteBook to the Covey size. My printer specs have all kinds of paper sizes and orientation to choose from. :mrgreen:

Am I totally confusing you? Does anyone know what I mean? Can you help, please?

Thank you!
 
The easiest thing to do for "classic"-size printing (8.5 x 5.5) is to use the Layout option under the Print menu item to change to 2 pages per sheet. Print single sided, fold each page over to make a double-sided sheet, and punch. This adds bulk, but is quick and easy.

I don't know a simple way to get the right layout (1-3-4-2) for printing double-sided, and then splitting with a paper cutter.

If you have classic size paper and a printer that will handle it, you can define a custom paper size under the print menu. This will print center top on a letter-size page, but should be fine on classic size paper.

Note that you can save all your printer settings as a single entry, "Classic" or "FC", which can be used for printing in any application.
 
Top