Problems with iTunes RSS Feed

Michael.Borland

Registered
I keep getting this error when I update my podcasts in iTunes:

"There was a problem downloading "GTD|Connect Members-Only Podcasts". An unknown error occured (8104)."

Is anyone else having this problem?

Currently Running:
MacBook Pro running OSX version 10.5.6
iTunes version 8.1.1 (10)

Michael Borland
GTD'er in Training

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
We're looking into this

Hi Michael,

I kicked this over to our web team and they said, "we've had 3259s in the past ...8104 looks new...looking into it."

So there you have it.

So sorry and we'll keep you posted as we hopefully discover a solution for you.

Kelly

Richard P

Registered
I am now having the 8104 problem as well

I am having the same problem as Michael. I cannot download content into ITunes. Is there any solution in sight.

Lyzzie

Registered
iTunes issue Downloading Podcasts

Michael,

The best way I have seen to clear this error is to first unsubscribe from the GTD|Connect Member Podcasts. After unsubscribing in iTunes, manually subscribe on the podcast feed again by going to the Advanced menu and selecting, "Subscribe to podcast..." and then entering this URL: http://www.davidco.com/connect/podcast.php

It will prompt you to enter your Connect Username and Password for the podcast again.

This seems to reset the connection to the podcast. If you have saved the password in your keychain (by clicking on Remember Password), sometimes deleting the secure.davidco.com keychain will re-enable you to enter the Username and Password and correct the download.

Best,
Lyz Dinh
GTD|Connect
connect@davidco.com

Michael.Borland;65967 said:
I keep getting this error when I update my podcasts in iTunes:

"There was a problem downloading "GTD|Connect Members-Only Podcasts". An unknown error occured (8104)."

Is anyone else having this problem?

Currently Running:
MacBook Pro running OSX version 10.5.6
iTunes version 8.1.1 (10)

Michael Borland
GTD'er in Training

Michael.Borland

Registered
That did it! I had to do it twice to take, but it's working now. The trick is to make sure you delete the podcast selection, but "keep the files" and then exit iTunes. Then you can clear out the key chain entry. Open iTunes back up and then subscribe again.

If anyone else has to do this, you can go back in and "add to library". Select the podcasts folder, then the GTD folder to add back in all of the podcasts that you had downloaded previously. You may have to do a little manual cleanup of the podcast list itself in the iTunes interface, but at least you won't have to download everything again.

Thanks again Lyz!

>>mb

onemouthband

Registered
Error 8104 in iTunes

I'm glad this problem has been solved for some people, but it still doesn't work for me. I have followed the procedure here a few times to no avail. Ideas?

- Sam

hikerpa

Registered
Hey Sam,

You might want to try changing your password on GTD Connect. That's what finally worked for me.
Good luck.
Ellen