• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Project List to Process/Check Lists Hint

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
Hi everyone,

I was thinking today about projects. And I came up with something I think may be helpful and fairly easy to set up. I hope my words adequately describe it so you can use it if you like.

Set up a table. Across the top you list the project names. Down the left side you have numbers 1 to whatever. Leave space at the bottom. As you get a project, you can brainstorm underneath it the steps involved, regardless of what order you think of it in.

Now, when you ask, "What's the next physical action?" make sure to write the number and action to whichever bucket it goes to. You can either use the project list itself or something else.

Wait, there's more! Keep track of the order that you do each project in at the bottom of the page underneath that specific project. For example, if you would write the numbers in the order you did them: 5,7,9,22,3, etc. THIS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BECOME YOUR CHECKLIST AFTER YOU REWRITE IT IN ORDER IF IT'S AN ONGOING PROJECT.

The only other thought I had is at the very bottom of the list on the left hand side, list "Next Action" with space for the number/action. Above it would be the "Order of Completion" mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Well, that's my thought. I hope some of you find it useful!

Robert
 
Top