• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Projects are NOT “to dos”

I noticed today that I am still inclined to regard my projects listing as a “to do” list.

In other words, I look at “plan holidays” and think – yes, I ‘d better plan our summer holiday. I should Instead be using “plan holidays” as a marker against which to measure my progress so far, which of course will lead to naming and writing down the Next Action.

The NA lists are the “to dos”, NOT the project lists.

Dave
 
The PigPog method (using project title line for storing project's Next Action) helps to avoid this problem because browsing active project list is equal to browsing their Next Action list. There is of course one drawback - you can have only one Next Action per project (unless you implement some workarounds).
TesTeq
 
I actually printed off the PigPog method from PigPog.com yesterday - I have heard good things about it and I’m looking forward to reading the details.

Dave
 
Top