Putting it All Together - Outliner Tool or Something?

furashgf

Registered
Well, the good news is that I have a system that is kind of working - let's ignore the palm for a moment.
  • FreeMind (Mind Map)
    Team Software (MSProject and various web tools)
    One Folder per project
    Outlook w/ GTD Add-IN
    Pocket Thinker for Outlining
Do people have a tool recommendation that would "tie all this together". Since I'm not using the "contacts as projects" method in Outlook, I can't see all the outlook elements of a project in one place (appointments, to-dos, sticky notes).
I was thinking of using the FreeMind, Wiki, or Outlooks own page facility to create a hyperlinked page per project, but I can't think of a way to make a hyperlink, for example, to just the appointments for project #5 in outlook.

M

mochant

Re: Try TreePad

Michael Hyatt said:
Currently, I am using TreePad. However, with the release of the OneNote SP1, I'm going to give it another look.
I agree with Michael. The new Outlook connectivity features in OneNote SP1, along with Omar Shahine's forthcoming Outlook2OneNote Power Toy make me think that OneNote may be the way to go. See my blog for details on the Power Toy.

furashgf

Registered
Okay, sounds like I'll stick with Wiki or something until the new outlook link for one note is available.

I know you can href://outlook/folderX and you'll get an open outlook window with that folder item. Can you create a similar href that points to a specific item/task?

Michael Hyatt

Registered
Definitely in TreePad; Not Sure in Outlook

You can definitely do this in TreePad. In fact, it's one of the things I really like about the program. I have all kinds of hyperlinks to extrenal files. One click and they load. Sweet!

For use with Outlook, you might check out a small applet called Outlook Linker. It will generate links to various Outlook Items.