• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Questions about the Outlook Add-in

I'm considering purchasing the GTD add-in, but before I do I have a question:

I currently sync. between 2 PC's - one at home and one at the office. I use my Palm Pilot as the conduit between the two platforms. In the product tour, it looks like there are several attributes that relate to tasks that don't have a counterpart on the Palm platform. Will this info sync between the 2 pc's?

Thanks,

James Grossi
 
Re: Questions about the Outlook Add-in

jkgrossi said:
I'm considering purchasing the GTD add-in, but before I do I have a question:

I currently sync. between 2 PC's - one at home and one at the office. I use my Palm Pilot as the conduit between the two platforms. In the product tour, it looks like there are several attributes that relate to tasks that don't have a counterpart on the Palm platform. Will this info sync between the 2 pc's?

Thanks,

James Grossi

The GTD Add-In adds an Action field and a Project field (among others) to Tasks created by processing emails and Tasks you enter manually (if you pick an Action and a Project). These fields are not passed to your Palm unless your connector handles custom fields.

To be consistent with the Implementing David Allen's Workflow Processing Using Microsoft Outlook document, the Action is written to the Categories field. If your connector passes Categories then you can use the Update Tasks function to put your categories to Actions on the other PC. There is no direct path for the Projects field.
 
Top