• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Ready For Anything - The values is in the quotes

  • Thread starter Thread starter JonathanAquino
  • Start date Start date
J

JonathanAquino

Guest
I occasionally flip though Ready For Anything -- I haven't made a concentrated effort to read it regularly. But today I really noticed for the first time how wonderful some of the quotes were. I read the quotes for the first half of the book in one sitting, validating a number of them with my own life experiences. There were a couple that I just had to email to friends because they especially reminded me of them.

"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple -- that's creativity" [Charles Mingus, p.70]
 
I agree - wonderful quotes

Here's my (current) favorite:

For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, or a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. -- Fr. Alfred D'Souza

From: An idea for 2006: Track completed GTD projects (plus some "greatest hits" for 2005)
 
Top