Recording of Skills Lab - Capture is available

davidcoforum

Administrator
Staff member
In our most recent Skills Lab webinar we took a deep dive into the Capture step in the GTD workflow. We discussed what makes a leakproof capture tool. We also distinguished between capturing as a behavior and the tools we use to capture.

Video

Audio

LoraS

Registered
In our most recent Skills Lab webinar we took a deep dive into the Capture step in the GTD workflow. We discussed what makes a leakproof capture tool. We also distinguished between capturing as a behavior and the tools we use to capture.

Video

Audio

Just out of curiosity, why were the Skills Labs recorded in the order they were? I'm just interested as I would have expected them to be recorded in order of the workflow steps but they're kind of all over the place.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Just out of curiosity, why were the Skills Labs recorded in the order they were? I'm just interested as I would have expected them to be recorded in order of the workflow steps but they're kind of all over the place.
Good question. When we started with them last year, we didn't realize they would be so popular. And we weren't specifically planning to do one on each of the five workflow steps. We did one on Engage, then had requests for Reflect. By then we saw that doing one each on Capture, Clarify, and Organize would also be valuable, and we are doing those in order. We have other topics on the way, including Areas of Focus. We welcome suggestions for other topics.