• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Recurring Tasks in Outlook

  • Thread starter Thread starter GHALL
  • Start date Start date
G

GHALL

Guest
I want to set-up a daily recurring task in Outlook so that once I complete it, it goes away for the day (I am filtering out completed tasks) and I don't see it until the next day. Now, when I click complete....the completed one goes away but the new one shows up immediately.

I don't think a due date filter will work for me because I have other tasks I want to see now even though the due date is later than today.

Thoughts?
 
Use a start date too

Within Outlook a task is "active" if the current date is between the start date and the due date. If you don't specify a start date for your daily recurring task, it should disappear until the next day. In order to show some tasks that have future due dates you may want to play around with start dates.
 
Recurring Tasks in Outlook

One could use the "regenerate tasks " feature of the Outlook. In the recurrence patterns you would check "regenerate the tasks after 1 day of completed date". So as soon as it is completed then it will create a new task for next day.

Hope this helps.

Sri
 
woods.....trees.....fill in the gap

Can't believe the number of times I have set up a recurring task and not noticed that check box.
:shock:

Nice tip Sri
 
Top