• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Right Brainless receives Left Brain Kudos

GTD will be a long process. I didn't have much luck getting through or implementing DA's first book, but I browsed the new one in the store and have decided to get it. It has more examples and that seems to be how I learn best.

That said, and despite my previous post, I've actually received praise for doing my left-brain job. My company is tranisitioning majorly and I will almost certainly be gone from here by the end of September. Attempting to hang on, I've implemented one simple well-known strategy: Pick what your boss considers to be your most essential function and do it well. So I'm slacking in about a dozen areas, but in this one, I've made an impression. Of course, tieing for first place on my project list is finding another job.

My vision is tripartite: to have a full-time job, nurture a small-business (a specifically marketed newsletter covering an area I used to write about when I was a medical journalist) and focus on a creative writing project. 30,000 feet for me (if I'm using the terminology correctly) is earning a living as a writer.
 
Top