Right software as a project manager

Seb

Registered
Hi,

I desperately seeking the right software as a project manager. For now, I hesitate between Todoist and Podio.

I need only one tool to file all my toughts on everything, so as my job as a project manager!

My other criteria are:
  • Cross platform (Mac, PC, iPad, Androïd)
  • Share folder or partial lists of projects with others.
  • Have a clear calendar view on PC & Mac
  • To be able to modify the tasks from the calendar.
  • To send email reminders.
  • If possible, linked to gmail.

Thank you very much for your help

Sebastien

joshcrim

Registered
Hey Sebastien, our team has recently started using Asana. It takes a little getting used, but it keeps our projects very organized, is free to use, and has a large library of plugins for external apps and websites to interact with.

https://asana.com/product

enyonam

Registered
I like Asana too and it allows your team to get back to you from the comfort and safety of their email inbox ;)
[Not sure how comfortable and safe non-inbox zero email inboxes are though! ;D]

I keep my personal GTD system in Evernote and have Zapier set up to automatically put any tasks assigned to me in Asana into my Evernote inbox so it gets filed in the right project folder for later action. This way, I am picking my next actions for my Evernote context lists and NOT from Asana. So I still have one place to go for all my commitments and that's Evernote ... even though I am involved in 3 different Asana organizations each with workspaces.

Cheer, Enyo
www.enyonam.com

Jonas Langeteig

GTD Connect
Both Asana and Podio is great! If you like to customize things yourself I would go for Podio, but if you like to use it "straight out of the box" I would choose Asana.

devon.marie

Registered
Trello also meets all of your needs. Trello's a lot more visual than Asana (why I liked it) but Asana does have a lot of project management options Trello doesn't (Project start date, project update status, etc.) but depending on the size of your team, can be much more expensive. Trello is free, while Asana is free up to 14 people (at 15 it's $50/user/month). Trello does have a business version but it's still miles cheaper than Asana, so I'd pick the tool that has what you need and no more if it'll save you some money.