• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

RSS (David Allen Blog)

  • Thread starter Thread starter 8Kids
  • Start date Start date
8

8Kids

Guest
I don't know a thing about RSS. I believe I need an RSS reader to be able to sign up for Blog changes etc.

Could you please direct me to a good download or article to know how to get started with this?

Thanks.
 
Use Opera web browser with RSS feed reader built-in.

Use free Opera web browser which is very stable and has RSS feed reader and e-mail cleint built in. Then you just have to click the "RSS Feed" label in the David's blog (you have to do it only once). After that Opera will be informing you automatically everyday about the blog updates.
 
RSS Reader

There's a great introduction to RSS on the BBC's website. Of course, they are advertising their own RSS feeds, but the article is good at explaining the basics.

For an RSS reader, I'd highly recommend a web-based service called Bloglines. You create an account, and then simple add RSS feeds from forums, news websites and blogs that you want to keep an eye on. Bloglines is very user-friendly, and accessible from anywhere that you have access to the internet. This method of reading internet content has become a crucial part of my read/review process. And, no, I don't get a commission!

See: http://www.bloglines.com
 
Top