• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Setting up Evernote

I saw references to Evernote here in this forum, so I decided to give it a try.

Question for people already using Evernote:

Did you delete the standard categories in the left side pane and create new ones?

What new categories did you create?

Thanks.
 
I've been using Evernote to capture web pages, etc, for ages. But I've been using it as a collection box, and have failed to use it effectively as a reference tool.

I'd like to know how to use it effectively and process the items in it.

Trisha
 
I posted it about it here . There's more discussion about using categories here .

Basically, I use a couple of templates (Project Outline and GTD To Do (with dates)) for project administration. The remainder of the notes can take any form.

In addition, I make use of several keywords, such as @next, @calendar, @waiting, @postpone, etc. Then, I set up a few keyword categories in a category called GTD, e.g.,

...
- GTD
- @next
 
Top