Slice of GTD Life with Brian Richards and Christal Spurgeon

davidcoforum

Administrator
Staff member
This is a special Slice of GTD Life, because it's with two people instead of one, and because they talk about how their GTD practice is involved with running the company Sauna Space. Brian Richards and Christal Spurgeon discuss the tools they use for GTD, how their employees learn and use GTD, and how GTD fits with the self-managing approach the company runs on.

Video

Audio

CJSullivan

Registered
I will see what I can do. And, often people are not eager to show their real GTD system. Which reminds me that one afternoon soon after I started working for David, he said, "OK, let's have a look at your lists." Gulp. Sweat. Shallow breathing.
I totally get it... Even a "process description" would be great! I know she mentioned using the bullet journal as an in box and then having her context lists in there as well. I'm using Todoist, but I'm really trying to simplify and streamline, so one notebook sounds good to me... I've tried arc notebooks and 3 ring notebooks and they're just more cumbersome than a Leuchturm (sp?!) or equivalent... Always on the lookout...!

Christal

Registered
I haven’t finished listening yet, but I’m hankering after a snapshot of Christal’s bullet journal GTD setup!
That was a while ago, and I have had a significant life-change since then (I had a baby and became a stay-at-home mother). I added a note to watch the interview to remind myself what it was like back then soon and work-up an example for you. Of course, I won't be able to share shots of my actual Bullet Journal from that time, due to confidentiality issues, but I can at least give you an idea of how it was organized at that time.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
That was a while ago, and I have had a significant life-change since then (I had a baby and became a stay-at-home mother). I added a note to watch the interview to remind myself what it was like back then soon and work-up an example for you. Of course, I won't be able to share shots of my actual Bullet Journal from that time, due to confidentiality issues, but I can at least give you an idea of how it was organized at that time.
Very generous of you. Thanks, Christal! And congrats on the life changes.