Slice of GTD Life with Renese King

davidcoforum

Administrator
Staff member
We have a new Slice of GTD Life recording with Renese King. She is a longtime GTD practitioner who has tried multiple paper and digital solutions for her GTD system. She describes how she heard about GTD, and her current combination of digital and paper tools. Renese balances a busy life that includes her job at Berklee College of Music, and her other career as a singer, composer, and arranger. For just one of many examples, here she is singing in a Boston Pops Salute to our Heroes.

Video

Audio

TesTeq

Registered
Yes, my audio was definitely not up to par. From what I can tell, Zoom was locked onto my laptop's built-in mic, not my external mic. I will do a bunch of testing before any more recordings.
@John Forrister I had a similar problem with Zoom on my iPad. I was not able to force it to use an external mic. Fortunately I was instructed by the Nozbe team to simultaneously record my voice using a second recorder. Then I sent them this recording and they replaced the "zoom" sound with it.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Thanks for the tips!

I'm also considering the acoustics in my office. One of the best sounding recordings I did was when I brought a tiny portable desk and the Yeti mic into a clothes closet. The hanging clothes did a great job of smoothing out the usual bounce of sound waves off the walls.