Someday/maybe webinar

lemontmartrois

Registered
Hi all-

Many thanks to Kelly for the last Someday/Maybe webinar which I found very useful.

As a follow-up, I thought of sharing the following:

1) the Ready for Anything passage Kelly refers to in the webinar is chapter 7, entitled "Priorities function only at the consious level" (page 21). It is the chapter which warns against the danger of "not as important" projects, and clearly delineates the frontier David makes between "projects" and "someday/maybe" items.

2) When combined with a consistent collection habit, the someday/maybe lists can become your absolute best friends when it comes to having fun.

I used to move around the city quite a lot, noticing restaurants that could be good future dining spots. Too often, however, I would forget entirely about the places I had come across, their exact names and whereabouts, for I had not written things down: many opportunities of having a good time vanished into thin air that way.

Today, this sense of loss caused by wasted opportunities is entirely gone. For I always carry around a small paper pad, on which I jot down the names of restaurants, bistros or cafés I'd like to check out later. If online reviews are good, such places make their entry on my someday/maybe sublist of "outing places to try". The last two nice dinners I had with my spouse were at such restaurants I had previously spotted while walking by.

The best part? After gently deriding my new habit of writing things down, it is my spouse who now asks me to take notes, lest we forget about good ideas.

Slowly but surely, plowing the grooves towards a fuller life...

Eric

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Thanks for sharing

Eric

I am so happy to hear about the value you got from the Someday/Maybe Webinar. It's one of my favorite topics.

And thanks for looking up the Ready For Anything essay. It's a great one to talk about the priorities piece with GTD.

I have collection tools all over the place, including in the glove box of both cars. So handy.

Cheers,
Kelly

Conejo23

Registered
I really liked this webinar.

And I now have a project called “Perform Someday/Maybe Mindsweep” listed in my Someday/Maybe folder!