• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Sorting out loads of Notes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark64
  • Start date Start date
M

Mark64

Guest
Ok not quite a GTD issue but I have recently started a new job which means I have loads of notes about products, software and people which I want to draw together and store in a sensible form electronically.

A few people have suggested a WIKI but I'd prefer something on a laptop without the hassles of running Apache etc.

I have thought of a mind mapping tool like Freemind but I was wondering what other people might suggest here ?

TIA

Mark
 
Having used both wikis and mindmapping, I'd use a wiki in this case. At least for me, mindmapping works better as a planning tool, but wikis work better as reference tools. It sounds like a reference tool is what you need.

There are lots of standalone wikis and wiki-like things that don't require a web server. I use Wikidpad (http://www.jhorman.org/wikidPad/), which I like because it stores its data in plain text files with logical names.

Katherine
 
Top