• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Successful paper PDA users needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
I have read most all of the posting this past weekend looking for people that use both paper and PDA. I have been a Franklin Covey user for more than 10 years and knew all along something was missing (GTD method). My problem is I have been using a Palm for the past year with some success but always looking back at the faithful classic binder.

Does anyone out there use both to entertain both wants (pda/paper) and are successful at doing so? I would like to hear any suggestions on setup because I do not want to give up either. Thanks
 
still working at it

This is what I use:
pda mainly for the project lists and context lists, but also use as a master calendar in which I have everything noted comes into my life with a meaninful date that is for certain and main things with a question marked date.
Palm desk top--I keep it on while I am working in my office and processing the mail--then synch to handheld--it enters a lot faster than the hand held.
Slim month at a time calendar with big squares
Portable file box for reference/working files for active folders

This is what I used to use--a giant 4" thick binder with tabs and 2page-day calendar, a big section for projects --one page for each. It just got to be too heavy and too messy.

This is where I am going I think:
PDA
Palm desktop on lap top
some kind of outline software for the Palm as recommended in this forum
slim binder with 3 months at a time calendar visability if I can find or make one, and tabs for project notes, drawings, outlines, check lists I can write on and make comments
portable file box that I "synch" with a briefcase for active project files and their support info (unless they are too big)
 
still working at it

This is what I use:
pda mainly for the project lists and context lists, but also use as a master calendar in which I have everything noted comes into my life with a meaninful date that is for certain and main things with a question marked date.
Palm desk top--I keep it on while I am working in my office and processing the mail--then synch to handheld--it enters a lot faster than the hand held.
Slim month at a time calendar with big squares
Portable file box for reference/working files for active folders

This is what I used to use--a giant 4" thick binder with tabs and 2page-day calendar, a big section for projects --one page for each. It just got to be too heavy and too messy.

This is where I am going I think:
PDA
Palm desktop on lap top
some kind of outline software for the Palm as recommended in this forum
slim binder with 3 months at a time calendar visability if I can find or make one, and tabs for project notes, drawings, outlines, check lists I can write on and make comments
portable file box that I "synch" with a briefcase for active project files and their support info (unless they are too big)
 
Re: Successful paper & PDA users needed

Does anyone out there use both to entertain both wants (pda/paper) and are successful at doing so?

Hi,

Here's how I think of it:

COLLECT: Paper
PROCESS: My head
ORGANIZE: PDA-sync to computer
REVIEW: My head and my computer
DO: just pick something from what I Collected/Processed/Organized/and Review

So, I wouldn't say "one way, or the other..." it's all what works!

Jason
 
Top