• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

suggestions for electronic filing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snewman
  • Start date Start date
S

Snewman

Guest
Ok so here I go. I am very new to this and am trying to integrate this into my daily flow.

One thing I am sort of struggling with is that trying to figure out how to classify, where to classify items.

I want to keep everything in one spot which means email and since we use Outlook here I am trying to get things into one place that can be managed.

Trying various subfolders under tasks, notes, journal, then I have reference under my inbox, the calendar is farther up the tree. What I found is that it was very very time consuming trying to bounce between folders, clicking and dragging trying to synch things. I gave up on that and looked at My Yahoo with thier calendar option and found that while it was nice in that it kept things together for me it did not give me the same flexibility that Outlook did. That left me looking at Mozilla Sunbird. Again same thing. some aspects of it were better then Outlook but no flexibility.

Now I am back to Outlook. While it offers more flexibility then the others it still does not totally fit. I am now trying to organize everything up under my calendar to keep things centralized. Does anyone have any suggestions other then the GTD software on best practices in configuring Outlook to suit GTD?

thanks!!

Samanatha
 
Top