Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive.
There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial:
https://bit.ly/4hYicYV
We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at:
https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/
I really enjoy GTD. I have used a palm of some type since 1998, but for some reason seem to be interested in learning outlook and switching to an IPAC. Could I get some input on this potential switch. :?:
I really enjoy GTD. I have used a palm of some type since 1998, but for some reason seem to be interested in learning outlook and switching to an IPAC. Could I get some input on this potential switch. :?:
I have used several different PIM's (Personal Information Managers) over the years from Macintosh to Windows. My favorite on both systems used to be called SideKick. It took me quite a while to become familiar with and appreciate Outlook. I've been with every version of Outlook since.
PDAs, from my first Sharp to Palm to my current Pocket PC iPAQ.
I love both Outlook and my iPAQ. On the iPAQ I use a program called Agendafusion (a Pocket PC PIM) to sync all of my data with my Outlook data, along with a few other apps on the iPAQ.
My suggestion would be to get a trial copy of Outlook and give it a spin for the entire time of the trial before making a purchase decision. Download the GTD add-in trial at the same time. Only after you've used Outlook for a while would you be able to make an informed decision. Then once you've determined you can work with it... then investigate the Pocket PC realm. This is a tough choice, because you have to buy, no trial. :-(
This combo works for me, but you'll see other folks here use different combos too. It's just a matter of what a person is looking for in functionality and available applications.