• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

sync phone contacts to web

My wife and I both have a cell phone with separate contact lists. We need a free way to sync between cell phone and online as opposed to Outlook. Outlook was great in it's day but I need now to be able to access those contacts from anywhere.
 
Check your Carrier

Check your cellphone carrier. I know Verizon for one has such a service; it's called Backup Assist and is free as long as you are signed up to receive electronic statements. I imagine that the other carriers have also created something similar. For those of us who haven't found the need for a smartphone yet, it's a nice way to reap the benefits of having your cell contacts online without having to shell out for a huge phone and full data plan. Added bonus: if something happens to your phone, you can re-download your contacts to the replacement handset. Worth its weight in gold earlier this year when my phone fell into the road during my bike commute...
 
jesig;62917 said:
Check your cellphone carrier. I know Verizon for one has such a service; it's called Backup Assist and is free as long as you are signed up to receive electronic statements. I imagine that the other carriers have also created something similar. For those of us who haven't found the need for a smartphone yet, it's a nice way to reap the benefits of having your cell contacts online without having to shell out for a huge phone and full data plan. Added bonus: if something happens to your phone, you can re-download your contacts to the replacement handset. Worth its weight in gold earlier this year when my phone fell into the road during my bike commute...
Excellent response! Thank you. I got my wife on that plan for $2.00 per month with ATT. Theirs is called "my backup". Unfortunately, I don't have that option with the Apple Iphone. I understand there are some free real-time options though and so now since I have a data package, I can look into it for mine.
 
Top