Tabbed interface for Outlook?

kglade

Registered
Since implementing GTD with Outlook I keep many outlook windows open simultaneously - Calendar, Notes, Inbox, Tasks, etc.

Does anyone know of a utility program to organize these open windows within a single tabbed window, like an excel workbook?

I have found programs that do this with web pages, with windows explorer folders, and even a vba program that adds this to MSWord, but I can't find it for outlook. Even a general purpose utility that would group open windows programs would probably work. Any suggestions?

C

CosmoGTD

GTD Outlook bar

Right!
Just create and customize your own GTD Outlook bar, and add whatever custom folders you want, in the order you want.
I did this, adding a shortcut to my Weekly Review in a word doc, @ Action, INBOX--GTD, a bunch of other stuff, and also a shortcut to my Palm NotePad (the one that captures freehand handwriting).
This give you all the *tabs* or Frames that you want.
Coz

whkratz

Registered
Ken -- Here's another idea that may accomplish what you are looking for. Just create a custom toolbar that contains "Go To" buttons for the folders that you would like to have on "tabs". This approach would give you the "tabs" look, and has the advantage that you can dock the menu in various places. For example, you could have your "tabs" arranged vertically on the side of the Outlook window, or you could have them across the bottom, a la Excel style. Of course they could also be across the top of the pane. Below are a few quick screenshots of what it might look like.

Regards.....Bill Kratz

Tabs-Menu-2.gif

Tabs-Menu-Vertical-2.gif

Tabs-Menu-Bottom-3.gif

kglade

Registered
Thanks Cosmo and Bill for the good suggestions. I will try them all and pick the one I like best. Thanks again.

Regards,
Ken