Task Manager Help

mr.4th.grade

Registered
I'm looking for a task manager that meets the following criteria:

1. Reliable usage on iPad, iPhone, and Mac
2. Usable offline
3. Location based reminders on the iPhone
4. Repeating reminders

I can't stress enough how important it is for me to have access to my tasks on multiple devices. Right now, I use gotask for the iPhone and iPad. For the Mac, I use google tasks (which I really don't care for but it syncs seamlessly with gotask) right now but would not mind a stand alone app. I would probably stick with gotask forever if they just had location based reminders! It is SO helpful.

Any help please?

Gardener

Registered
OmniFocus. Works on all three. Interface optimized for all three--the iPhone app isn't just a scroll-around-a-big-screen port of the Mac app, for example. Usable offline. Cloud-based syncing if you want it, wifi syncing on the Mac if you're paranoid like me and don't want your data in a cloud.

The only issue when I consider it against your requirements is that I don't find location based reminders to be all that reliable, but that seems to be about the iPhone's accuracy in detecting locations, not any flaw in OmniFocus.

(Edited to add: And also the fact that I live in a small town , so that almost every location that I want to be reminded about is less than a mile from every other location.)

(Edited again to add: Well, and once in a while, if I make massive changes in one device--deleting folders, creating folders, revamping my whole project sstructure--it's unable to sync with the other devices and instead I need to choose one database or the other. This is irritating, but in practice all it means is that I sync everything before I sit down to make those massive changes, just in case.)

Oogiem

Registered
mr.4th.grade said:
I'm looking for a task manager that meets the following criteria:

1. Reliable usage on iPad, iPhone, and Mac
2. Usable offline
3. Location based reminders on the iPhone
4. Repeating reminders

Omnifocus. Although location reminders are not very accurate in my experience so I quit using them. I am also in a small town, with a single cell phone tower within 10 miles of me, so there is no way to triangulate my position and get them any better. I turned them off. I would be interested in seeing if someone in a place with more than a single cell tower gets better results.

mcogilvie

Registered
Oogiem said:
Omnifocus. Although location reminders are not very accurate in my experience so I quit using them. I am also in a small town, with a single cell phone tower within 10 miles of me, so there is no way to triangulate my position and get them any better. I turned them off. I would be interested in seeing if someone in a place with more than a single cell tower gets better results.

OF has the best implementation I've seen, and it works well in the metropolitan area I live in. The real problem is that location reminders just don't seem that useful to me.

Folke

Registered
Oogiem said:
I would be interested in seeing if someone in a place with more than a single cell tower gets better results.

They are accurate enough, I guess, but I just do not want them. Just because I happen to pass by a certain place does not mean I want to do those tasks right now, and I find alarms irritating. I much prefer to simply look at my errand list when I choose to, and just tentatively "star" the things that might be possible to get done en route, and then decide later depending on time and energy etc.

Gardener

Registered
I have considered turning on location reminders for travel--I'd be irritated to take a plane to Portland, or even the twenty-minute drive to the nearest not-quite-so-small town, and realize that I forgot to do something while I was there. But it hasn't seemed worth the trouble yet.