TaskMaster for BlackBerry good for GTD?

funkym

Registered
Hi,

I am using NextAction! since its first release on my BlackBerry to implement my GTD over there. It is pretty slim and works really good and fast for me. Definitely worth the investment. Anyway, I have seen the make of NextAction! released a new program called TaskMaster which is also capable for use with GTD. Did anyone try it yet? Do you have any thoughts on it? As there is no demo version available, I am curious to get some before checking it out :)

TaskMaster Site: http://www.s4bb.com/software/taskmaster/

sdhill

Registered
Have just had a look and it's not clear why you or I as NextAction users would want to change. Seems to me to do pretty much the same job.

Simon

funkym

Registered
sdhill;56595 said:
Have just had a look and it's not clear why you or I as NextAction users would want to change. Seems to me to do pretty much the same job.

Simon

I don't know. NextAction! is pretty nice so I am not considering to change but who knows ... right now I am not missing anything :)

BobT

Registered
Question on Task Master Syncing

My Blackberry is synced with an Enterprise Server -- never need the USB cable. In order to sync this app, does it have to be done at the Desktop or is everything pushewed thru the wireless sync?
thanks

sdhill

Registered
BobT;56623 said:
My Blackberry is synced with an Enterprise Server -- never need the USB cable. In order to sync this app, does it have to be done at the Desktop or is everything pushewed thru the wireless sync?
thanks

I'm on a BES too and everything syncs with NextAction automatically so this app would be the same.

Simon

T

TahoeTexan

I inquired to S4BB about the differences between the two apps since I did not want to spend $50 for NextAction. The reply I received was TaskMaster is more mainstream and NextAction is more robust...no specifics.

I also asked about a trial version of TaskMaster and they sent me a full unrestricted version of TaskMaster to "try". It works well, especially for "free". So far I have no need to buy NextAction.

funkym

Registered
TahoeTexan;56632 said:
I inquired to S4BB about the differences between the two apps since I did not want to spend $50 for NextAction. The reply I received was TaskMaster is more mainstream and NextAction is more robust...no specifics.

I also asked about a trial version of TaskMaster and they sent me a full unrestricted version of TaskMaster to "try". It works well, especially for "free". So far I have no need to buy NextAction.

I think courtesy of such companies to give away full versions to "try" them should be honored by purchasing a license.

I am in the software business as well, and I know that it costs a lot of effort, time and money to write good software. So I am fine with spending the $40 for NextAction! as it is definitely more worth to me than the 40 bucks I spent :)