TechGTD Episode 2--The Panel

Daversatile

Registered
I just started listening to the Tech Trinity Panel and was having a fine time of it until I got to the 6:20 or so mark in Part 1. At that point the caffeine apparently wore off suddenly and everyone sounds like Barry White on pain killers. I'm not a podcast maven, but this is new to me. So far, part 2 is completely normal.

Has anyone else gotten that sound sag and/or have any idea what the problem/fix might be?

I'll e-mail davidco as well.

SaddleSC

Registered
Same Here

I have listened to almost the entire thing and only the second half of the first track is affected. It must be something that went wrong during encoding. Hopefully it will be easy to fix.

cyberscribe

Senior Associate, Next Action Associates
Luke ... I am your father ...

Hey Gang,

No, the caffeine didn't just wear off on our end or the wind-up springs in our backs give out -- you're right -- the encoding got really weird at 6:30 into Track 1. We fixed it yesterday as soon as one of our people caught it (thanks, Michael). Sorry about the Darth Vader effect. All better now.

Cheers,
Robert

S

shareyoga.com

scary

I was listening to at my computer while working. I had stepped into the other room to get some more coffee and heard my dog suddenly start barking at the computer. It took me half a second to figure out what had happened... Turned it off and moved to the next track..
PS The dog is fine. :)

darlakbrown

Registered
scary!

I was listening to it at my computer while working. I had stepped into the other room to get some more coffee and heard my dog suddenly start barking at the computer. It took me half a second to figure out what had happened... Turned it off and moved to the next track.. Pretty fun though...
PS The dog is fine. :)

L

Lyn

another kind of tech glitch

cyberscribe said:
No, the caffeine didn't just wear off on our end or the wind-up springs in our backs give out -- you're right -- the encoding got really weird at 6:30 into Track 1. We fixed it yesterday as soon as one of our people caught it (thanks, Michael). Sorry about the Darth Vader effect. All better now.

This reminds of something not worth it's own post, but I'll mention it here for chuckles. I was listening to one of the podcasts the other day - streaming it over my laptop while downstairs working on a quilt project. And every once in awhile I would hear David start talking over whoever he was conversing with. And I kept thinking, "I'm shocked that David is talking over this person like that! It's so rude... he must be really impatient to get on to the next topic.."

Finally I realized that long ago I'd configured my laptop to do a fade (no quiet) between 'songs' and that while streaming my laptop treats the podcasts as songs, so it was fading the end of one while bringing up the other, making it sound like DA was interrupting his interviewees.

So, apologies for the grumpy thoughts I briefly sent into the universe towards you, David (and sound team)! ;-)

brianlee

Registered
I also noticed the issue with track 1 of this podcast. Has anyone tried to redownload it in iTunes? I am trying but the progress bar in iTunes is just hanging for a long time... :mad: