The Brain/Personal Brain Software

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss Tools & Software for GTD' started by sesteph6, Jul 13, 2018 at 3:01 AM.

1. sesteph6

sesteph6 Registered

Anyone have any experience with this software. Years ago David listed it as one of his key software components. Frankly I dont hear anyone talk about it much anymore. To look at the website, it seems to marry perfectly with GTD. Specifically when comparing some of the cognitive science involved. Anyone have any experience?

2. sholden

sholden Registered

At one point I had my GTD system in MindManager (similar but different than The Brain). But now my work system is all in Outlook with References and Project Support in MindManager.

3. mcogilvie

mcogilvie Registered

I looked at it years ago. Although it seemed very brave in what it was trying to do, it was too complex for me. By and large, the passage of time has not been kind to complex productivity software, but many limp on.

4. OF user

OF user Registered

I agree with mcogilvie on this. You have to have an idea of how you want to use it and then you can work through the support files and videos to build it. Like sholden says it is a like a mind mapping program but you can integrate all your mind maps so that in essence you have one giant mind map of your life as you want to define it. My suggestion would be to try WORKFLOWY, which is freemium software online. It accomplishes what personal brain does but in outline form rather than mind mapping. If you find yourself working with Workflowy a lot then Personal Brain is probably a worthwhile investment. I used PB for a while but felt I did not need all of its power.