The new GTD Evernote for Windows Setup Guide is here! (and a favor please)

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Both the Windows and Mac versions of our new GTD & Evernote Guides are now available for members in the Document Library: https://secure.davidco.com/connect/white-papers/

Big thanks again to my whippersnapper team of GTD Connect member beta testers:
David Parker (he reviewed both Guides!), Barb Bailey, Laura Liz, Mary Beth Logue, Michael Pohlman, Vaugh Johnson, and Jacinta Bunfield. They all did a stellar job in giving edits and suggestions to make the Guide better. Thank you!

Here's my favor:
I read that they are planning a "major update" to the Windows version of Evernote. It's why they haven't added "Reminders" as a feature on the Windows desktop version yet. But despite my efforts in getting in touch with a product manager at Evernote (I even pulled in the big guns and had DA try his angles with no luck) I've yet to get a response from Evernote with any expected date on this, or even any information to confirm this. It will help me to know if I'm looking at a redo of the Windows Guide in two days or in two years. If any of you hear anything about a major update coming to Evernote for Windows Desktop, please let me know. I'm trolling their blogs regularly too, which is where I saw that the update is coming. I just don't know when.

Thanks!
Kelly

DenaDahilig

Registered
Thanks for the Mac, too.

kelstarrising;108227 said:
Both the Windows and Mac versions of our new GTD & Evernote Guides are now available for members in the Document Library: https://secure.davidco.com/connect/white-papers/

Fabulous! Thank you!

And the first thing I did was to drop it into my Evernote inbox! :D

Thanks, too, for all of your work to get these out, and to keep updated on technology. It adds even more value to the Connect membership.

Dena

LEAJ4

Registered
Wow--great timing! I spent time with Evernote while away this weekend and came to GTD Connect tonight to download the Mac guide, figuring I'd get something out of it. This is much better and I look forward to learning lots. Thanks.

Leslie

David Parker

GTD Connect
Evernote for Windows

Kelly

There's an Evernote for Windows 8 currently in Beta (it's a touchscreen version) but more than that I do not know.

Dave

SiobhanBR

Registered
Which one?

Hmmm... I was trying to figure out which Evernote Guide I should read. I use Evernote on my iPad but have a PC for the computer install. Looking at the guides, I'm thinking the Mac guide is closer... Oh well, I'll just read them both and see what works!

Thanks for doing this Kelly.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
SiobhanBR;108261 said:
Hmmm... I was trying to figure out which Evernote Guide I should read. I use Evernote on my iPad but have a PC for the computer install. Looking at the guides, I'm thinking the Mac guide is closer... Oh well, I'll just read them both and see what works!

Thanks for doing this Kelly.

I think the Mac Guide will be a little closer.

jmsmall

Registered
Evernote reminders etc for Windows

Just discovered that I can copy an Evernote link and paste it into a calendar entry in Outlook, works fine. I can use Outlook as a calendar/reminder system, which it is very good at, and just click the note link to get back to Evernote.

Have been playing at Evernote but getting serious now.

I'm going to see if there is a special Evernote forum in GTD forums--is there?

Jim aka jmsmall