The Organized Brain GTD

GTD-Sweden

Registered
Great tips - thank you for sharing! A lot of food for thought. Interesting distinction about "effective IQ" and "normal IQ". His point is that the effective IQ goes down when you are distracted.

And futher, that great work - like Beethoven writing the 5:th symphony - calls for undistracted deep work, in Levitins words the mind needs to be "quiet". That is not getting destracted from e-mail pings and checking your Twitter account while doing great work.

Dave Edwards

Registered
GTD-Sweden said:
Great tips - thank you for sharing!

Now you can see why I quickly bought the book. Hope to start reading it this weekend.

BTW "GTD-Sweden", not sure where you are actually located but we spent several days in Stockholm this summer as we traveled through your part of the world. Stockholm has become our new favorite international city. The people were so friendly. So much to see. Beautiful. We had a great time. Cheers !!!

GTD-Sweden

Registered
I understand that now. Will get this book for my next ”credit” in my monthly subscription in Audible. It is 16 hours long so I am in for a treat.

Yes, I live in the centre of Stockholm and have done so for the whole of my life. At present we life in one of the largest functionalist architecture areas (from the thirties) in the northern parts of Europe. We have a great view and see about eight old church towers, for example. Great place for some reflexion and doing the WR:)

Stockholm is a great place to spend time and live in. I would be happy to meet all of you if you happen to be in Stockholm - and have some time to kill - then let´s go and get a ”"GTD-coffee"”.:D

TesTeq

Registered
DaveInMilwaukee said:
BTW "GTD-Sweden", not sure where you are actually located but we spent several days in Stockholm this summer as we traveled through your part of the world.

Have you been in Poland? Warszawa? Kraków? Gdańsk? Poznań? Wrocław?

Dave Edwards

Registered
TesTeq said:
Have you been in Poland? Warszawa? Kraków? Gdańsk? Poznań? Wrocław?

Unfortunately, I've not been to Poland. Given that my heritage is 100% Polish, it is a trip that I would love to make someday.