This weekend's time change -- beware daylight savings time!

QuestorTheElf

Registered
Yesterday I heard gadget guru Brian Cooley of CNET speak about the time change we'll be having this weekend. We used to switch in April, now we'll be switching in March. That is definitely going to affect software and gadgets, and the GTD entries within them!

According to Cooley, PC's will be relatively easy to modify. Microsoft has patches for different operating systems and Outlook. Mac users also need to be wary.

More complicated are cell phones and PDA's. Some have spent at least 2 hours updating their mobile device. Not every manufacturer has changed their firmware to reflect this change. And updates may also depend on your carrier, not just the model of portable device.

Since it may throw off some GTD'ers calendars and projects, I thought of alerting you here. CNET has an extensive FAQ over at http://news.com.com/FAQ+What+the+da...to+you/2100-1041_3-6165796.html?tag=nefd.lede

TesTeq

Registered
Let's get rid of time zones and daylight saving time changes!

We do not need them in the "flat world".

R

ReBuild

Both Apple and Palm have s/w patches to take care of daylight savings.

Also don't forget to update your answering machine and fax. Two items that often get overlooked!

TesTeq

Registered
Yet another reason to get rid of time zones and DST!

TesTeq;46708 said:
We do not need them in the "flat world".

My Weekly Review reminder e-mail from GTD Connect arrived today an hour too early. This is because DavidCo is already in the DST zone while here (in Poland) we will change our time on March, 25th.

This is yet another reason to get rid of time zones and DST.