• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Thread/Conversation tracking with GTD technique

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
This is my first post.

After scoring the internet for about a year to overcome my email problems I finally found GTD.

Started to use the addin, but with all the demos and forum posts I have read I cannot for the life of me see how people manage threads.

EXAMPLE INBOX

Intranet Design
RE: Building move
SPAM SPAM
Newsletter
RE: Building move

Corresponding Outbox
Is the Intranet design ready ?
RE: Building move
Annual Leave request

So with the logic (and the addin) it says I need to defer, action etc...

However I have already created a project and or action in some cases which result in a THREAD of emails.

What I would like to do is

1) Send an email (assign it to a project)
2) Any replies to it, and intern my replies to be automatically linked to the first BECAUSE I assigned it. Another button called READ TO PROJECT would assign it.

This would allow me to track a smaller number of items, but expand them when required
 
Top