Ticklerfile in Nirvana app

mcogilvie

Registered
Interesting. I don’t want to have it as a project if it is so far in the future as it clogs up my project list. But I do want to be reminded in a suitable timeframe to then turn it into a project as needed.
That’s fine, but the start date functionality in Things, Nirvana and OmniFocus takes care of that. Scheduled future items as well as someday items are accessible but tucked away from current projects and actions.

bcmyers2112

Registered
@bcmyers2112 How do you record items that aren’t linked directly to projects, like driving license renewal, passport renewal dates, library cards renewal etc. I have set up the ‘Tickler’ project in Nirvana to store that kind of reminder.
I'm not sure I understand the question. In Nirvana you don't have to link an action to a project. So if it's a one-off action, I just add it and don't select a project to link to.

bcmyers2112

Registered
The developers of Nirvana and Things expect you to put such items n appropriate areas.
In Nirvana it's not so much an expectation as an option. You can add an area tag if you wish but you don't have to. I don't bother. I've toyed with the idea of doing so but it's just not a burning desire for me right now.

You don't even have to add a context tag to an action or link it to a project if you don't want to.

bcmyers2112

Registered
But I do want to be reminded in a suitable timeframe to then turn it into a project as needed.
In Nirvana you can't, AFAIK, tickle a project forward with a start date; you just create it as a someday/maybe project. Otherwise you can create an action with a start date, and when it shows up in your focus list on that date you can convert it to a project if you wish.

mcogilvie

Registered
In Nirvana you can't, AFAIK, tickle a project forward with a start date; you just create it as a someday/maybe project. Otherwise you can create an action with a start date, and when it shows up in your focus list on that date you can convert it to a project if you wish.
I just checked. Projects can be any of Active, Later, Scheduled or Someday.