• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Time shift - Outlook Sync Issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grant
  • Start date Start date
G

Grant

Guest
I use Outlook at work and home w/ an HP Ipaq sync'ed to both. At times, I will get a time shift where appointments will slide an hour...so a 9 AM appointment becomes a 10. Usually, desktop Outlook is correct and my ipaq is the one that gets shifted.

Here's the weird part, if I correct the time in the ipaq and re-sync, the desktop will reflect an hour earlier...so I move the 10 back to 9 and now the 9 in the desktop becomes an 8. It is maddening.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I the only person so cursed? It generally seems to be limited to recurring meetings and I've been fortunate because I know when they occur and can adjust the times. But...what if...if you can't trust the system...is there a Daytimer in my future? @Never!!
 
Time change

Grant, have you checked to see if you have one (desktop or PDA) set to automatically change with Daylight Savings Time, and the other isn't set to change?

That seems unlikely given today's gadgets -- my computer, PDA, TV, VCR, and DVD player all automatically change. Isn't technology wonderful?

Carolyn
 
Duh!

While the time was the same, my home PC is not set to adjust. I've changed that and reset my meetings. It sync'ed and seems to have worked.

Thanks for the tip - I figured it was something silly!

Grant
 
Great!

I'm glad it worked, Grant! Silly little things like that drive us batty, don't they? I almost didn't post, because I was afraid I was way out in left field on that one, but I've done similar things in the past, so . . .

Carolyn
 
Top