Today's Teleseminar

S

SarahB

Thank you very much to everyone who called in to today's Teleseminar. We apologize for the technical difficulties we experienced towards the end of the call.

If you have a GTD question that you were hoping to ask, you are welcome to send it to connect@davidco.com. We would be happy to provide suggested solutions in our Coach's Connection section!

sirris101

Registered
Thanks Sarah- did the recording turn out ok? I think there was some really valuable insights in the Q&A portion. Do you know if it will be included with the recording that will be posted on Connect? If so, do you know when the recording will be posted?

Thanks,
js

S

SarahB

Teleseminar Recording

sirris101;60241 said:
Thanks Sarah- did the recording turn out ok? I think there was some really valuable insights in the Q&A portion. Do you know if it will be included with the recording that will be posted on Connect? If so, do you know when the recording will be posted?

Thanks,
js

We're glad you enjoyed the Teleseminar! The recording is currently being processed, and we will be sure to post as much of the Q&A as possible. The audio will most likely be made available on Connect towards the end of next week.

S

SarahB

Teleseminar Now Available

Last week's Teleseminar is now available on GTD Connect. We're pleased to report that David's and Kelly's answers were captured during the recording, despite our technical difficulties, so be sure to check it out!

GTDmw

Registered
Great webcast... couple of follow up questions

Kelley and David,

Thank you for the webcast. It was loaded with great content. I have a couple of follow up questions:

(1) When you "look at your calendar daily" what are you physically looking at? Your Treo, your PC, paper?

(2) What do you do with your day specific actions when they are done?
- leave on your calendar?
- Delete the calendar entry?
- Other?

Do use any special formats for day specific items so they pop out at you?

(3) Kelley, you mentioned during the @Agenda section that you have "John" as an entire category. Do you do that for all your main contacts or just John. Did you find a work around for the Palm max of 15 categories?

Do you do all @Agenda electronically or do you do any via paper & folders?

Thank you again for a great session.

Mike

tavish

Registered
Alan Nelson

In the recent teleseminar David mention the In Conversation that he did with Alan Nelson, but I don't see it in the podcasts only on the Web site. Am I missing something?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hi Mike,

(1) When you "look at your calendar daily" what are you physically looking at? Your Treo, your PC, paper?
Either on my laptop or Palm. I rarely print my calendar.

(2) What do you do with your day specific actions when they are done?
- leave on your calendar?
- Delete the calendar entry?
- Other?
I leave it or delete it. If I think I want any historical record of doing it, I just leave it there. I don't mark it done, but some people do.

Do use any special formats for day specific items so they pop out at you?
Nope. It's more of the practice of looking at my calendar throughout the day that's my best insurance policy. But I will use reminder alarms for some of the critical ones, just as a backup.

(3) Kelley, you mentioned during the @Agenda section that you have "John" as an entire category. Do you do that for all your main contacts or just John. Did you find a work around for the Palm max of 15 categories?
I only do that for John and the Education Team I am on. I am only using 9 of the 15 allowed Task categories:
@Anywhere
@Calls
@Ed Team
@Errands
@Home
@John
@Puter
@Waiting for
Projects

(Someday/Maybe lists live in Memos)

There are programs that expand the allowable categories, but I have never needed it.

Do you do all @Agenda electronically or do you do any via paper & folders?
All electronically.

Hope this helps!

DavidAllen

GTD Connect
To Mike's questions about my system...

Mike et al,

When I look at my calendar, for the most part it's my PC, though my Treo works fine if I'm moving around.

Day-specific stuff I just leave on the calendar, even when it's done. Actually turns out to be a good trigger sometimes in the Weekly Review.

I'm reviewing action lists on the PC, for the most part in Notes action lists.

Agendas I see sorted by person as separate actions under Agendas category. I can do that with the new Notes eProductivity template overlay Eric Mack has developed. Don't think you can do that sub-categorization otherwise, very easily. But it's all digital, not on paper.

David

mavakil

Registered
Thank you David/Kelly,

It indeed was an information-packed tele-seminar. My personal highlights were:

1. David mentioning that he has got so many projects and opportunities, he's got his key projects re-entered on a mindmap. That point so hit home for me, I'm in the same soup too. David, it would be great if you could go on the specifics:
- I'm assuming you re-enter only the key projects that you need to focus on in your current week into your mindmap. Am I correct?

- do you enter these on an entirely new mindmap or is it a branch of "David's World" Mindmap?

- If it's a new mindmap would be wonderful if you could post the template of that David.

- Speaking of David's World Mindmap, you have a branch there that has "Current Focus", what do you put in that branch? Are there Projects in that branch or Areas of Focus that needs...um Focus or something else?

2. David mentioning that he's got a personal projector in his office. David do you have your laptop constantly connected to the projector? What specifically and how often do you use this? How are you finding it?

Apologies if the questions are too specific or personal.

Thanks so much. I so do wish that these tele-seminars where monthly and not quarterly.

Arif Vakil
Bangalore, India

DavidAllen

GTD Connect
More details you're asking for...

Arif et al,

First, yes, I have it set up so that all I have to do is connect a cable from my laptop docking station to the projector, and I can project my screen on my wall. Great tool/functionality to have.

Questions about what I have on my overview mind-map. It's not a rigorous outline - only a simple, "what's most got my attention?" list of my outstanding open loops, so that I can quickly get them off my mind, with a review. Everyone has certain projects that can easily creep back into psychic RAM if they're not re-assessed frequently. Those that (in order to keep them off my mind) need to be re-assessed more often than weekly, are on my map of "major attention" branch of my overviewing mind map.

Hope that helps.

David