• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Too Much

I dont know whether to $&!+ or wind my wristwatch.

I give up!
There's too much information
too many requests, demands, questions
from customers, boss, family.
Too many people to talk to
projects to manage
budgets to track
Its all becoming a blur - priorities are a joke
GTD is another another item on a list that is way way too long...

Mind like water? I'm a pool in a rainstorm

I forgot what my question is... I gotta go!
 
or... say yes to everything but just don't do them.

Then you'll get a reputation as being unreliable and no one will ever ask you to do anything ever again! :)

.
 
You could always do what they did in the 60's....

"Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out"
:-)
 
I give up! There's too much information too many requests, demands, questions
It helped me to realize that I was not going to get everything done that needed to be done. Those that do, do not have very complete lists.

List the items, negotiate the trade-offs. The consequences will be there - no way around it.
 
I have the same feeling sometimes

I look at my lists and wonder how the heck I'm ever going to get all of this stuff done.

When I feel overwhelmed like this, I look at all of my NA lists and move all the stuff off that doesn't absolutely positively have to get done this week. It all gets parked in the Someday/Maybe list, which I will go over at the next weekly review.

One of the biggest things I've noticed is all the commitments I've made to myself. Sometimes I just put way too many demands on my own time. Things like, read this interesting magazine or learn a foreign language, etc. Things I would like to do someday, but when you are overwhelmed, just move it off your list and stop feeling stressed out about it.
 
Top