• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Transitioning to Blackberry 7100... need advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Publius
  • Start date Start date
P

Publius

Guest
Hi there,

I've been using the GTD system for about three weeks now. It's been a Godsend. My current system is implemented using paper and pen in a small bound workbook (not big enough to fit in my pocket, I'm afraid) and in Ta-da lists. I was about to transition to Palm until I found out that I had lost my original installation disk and it is going to cost me $29.95 to replace the Chapura conduit for Outlook. :(

In any case, being cheap, I approached my company who is going to give me a Blackberry. I've not used one before, so I'm wondering how to set up my Outlook and the Blackberry 7100 to be effective at GTD. Or is it not really an option?

Can anyone suggest to me a setup that has worked for them? Do the MS Outlook tasks sync well, or are there issues that I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help!
 
Outlook tasks sync. fine - even wirelessly! Unfortunately there is no concept of "group by" on the Blackberry, so you have to either use some clever naming convention for your tasks (as some people in these forums do) or use the filtering capability (you can filter by category) in order to sort your tasks by category.
 
Top