• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Treo 600 or Smart Phone

Hopefully someone can suggest a relatively inexpensive cell phone, less than US $250.00, that can I can sync my big address book to/from a PC. I need a GSM unlocked phone that I can use outside the US.

I use an old Nokia now, along with a Palm Tungsten T3, but am tired of using bluetooth to dial calls from the T3 to the nokia. It's great if I have both hands free, but I am usually carrying something or ...

The Treo 650 was my first choice, company will purchase, but using the Treo 650 for only the phone seemed overkill, so I negociated a deal and am now looking for a cheaper option. The Treo 650 alone, as in substitute for my T3, is not an option because of the memory limits. I have too much data on the T3, so I would have to keep the T3 and carry the Treo as well.

I am just about decided on getting a Treo 600, because they can be found in my price range and I can keep using my Palm phone book and the Palm OS address book enhancements that I now have and am familiar with, but if anyone can recommend a new cell phone that I could sync my address book to I might reconsider. I have about 2000 address book entries, most with several numbers.

Thanks,
Dwight...
 
Top