Trouble defining my "Someday/Maybe" category

Botany_Bill

Registered
I think my problem here is why I came to GTD in the first place. I have a lot of things I seem to like to juggle in my personal (non work) life, which is far more complicated project-wise than my work life. I've often seen all of them as active projects. But Someday/Maybe feels like there's doubt that I want to do them. Can it also mean "Soon, Definitely, but Not Right Now?" How far (or near) into the future are your "Someday"s?

Thanks for insights!

mcogilvie

Registered
I think my problem here is why I came to GTD in the first place. I have a lot of things I seem to like to juggle in my personal (non work) life, which is far more complicated project-wise than my work life. I've often seen all of them as active projects. But Someday/Maybe feels like there's doubt that I want to do them. Can it also mean "Soon, Definitely, but Not Right Now?" How far (or near) into the future are your "Someday"s?

Thanks for insights!
As Kelly wrote, finding the right words can make a huge difference. An alternative which I use for some things is to set a tickler such as “Start patio renovation?” to pop up when I want to see it. I use a digital tickler subsystem and it’s easy for me to do.

TesTeq

Registered
As Kelly wrote, finding the right words can make a huge difference. An alternative which I use for some things is to set a tickler such as “Start patio renovation?” to pop up when I want to see it. I use a digital tickler subsystem and it’s easy for me to do.
@mcogilvie Yes, I love the power of question mark! ⁉️