• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Trouble setting up GTD Outlook PlugIn - Tasks Projects

  • Thread starter Thread starter 4ster
  • Start date Start date
4

4ster

Guest
Hi everyone,

I have recently installed the GTD plugin for Outlook (2003). Everything seems to be going well with one exception:

When I read the GTD User Manual, it shows, under "Managing Your Tasks" and then "New Project Task Button," a screenshot of the "Tasks" section of Outlook.

In that screenshot, Projects are simply listed as "Project:Project Name", and then the Next Actions are listed under each project to which they corrospond. This is exactly how I have always wanted Outlook to work.

Unfortunately, my Outlook shows "Categories: Category Name."

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

A million thanks in advance.

Doug
 
Have you tried changing your view to Active Task by Project? The add-in comes with predefined views. Looking at Active Task by Project helps with the weekly review.
 
Got it!

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out:

The views were not installed in my Outlook for some reason, but I was able to install them using the Admin Tool and selecting "Restore GTD Folders and Views."

Thanks again.
 
Top