Tungsten E - how to restore to factory settings

rangi500

Registered
Hi guys,

Does anybody know how to restore the Tungsten E to it's factory settings? I've used mine happily for gtd for 18 months and have decided to move on to the TX, so I'm selling my Tungsten E and would like to remove all my settings and make it as much as possible like a new device.

If anybody knows how to do this, your help would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Rangi

GTD Wannabe

Registered
Do a search for "hard reset" on the Palm site. It'll have something to do with the reset hole and holding one of the buttons for some length of time.

ommoran

Registered
GTD Wannabe said:
Do a search for "hard reset" on the Palm site. It'll have something to do with the reset hole and holding one of the buttons for some length of time.

In order to hard rset your palm, you must press the reset button on the back (with the top of the stylus, or an opened paper clip) while holding down the power button. You then let go of the reset, while still holding the power button. When you let go of the power button, you will see the Palm splash creen. Once you see that screen, let go of the power button. You will be prompted to press "up" on the D-navigation button to delete all data. Do so, and your Palm will be totally reset.

Martin.