Tungsten T: Alpha Tasks?

JLamp

Registered
I have an issue that prevents me from fully utilizing my Tungsten T while on the go and I think the answer is probably obvious but I am missing it. The following may sound very trite, but it is this type of detail that really makes a difference for me in fully using the PDA while implementing GTD.

Does anyone know how to get a alphabetical view of tasks within Categories while using TO DO?

I have categories set up within outlook on my PC. It is great with all projects & next actions listed alphabetically within each category eg.

@PROJECTS NOW
AOS Integration Team charters are complete
Critical Talent Development Programs are scheduled
Delegated projects list is up to date
OPS Committee Development Day in June is a huge success

The problem comes in on the synced Tungsten T. When viewing the tasks within TO DO Categories, I loose the alpha listing capability which for me is key. The only thing I can figure is to indicate priority (1,2,3) and it does list in priority order but I am not interested in that game. The pure alpha works great for me and provides easy reference and quick context.

You'll note that I use the "written as if it is true" format for my projects and the lose of alpha capability is a headache! It really prevents me from reaching for the PDA.

Does anyone know an easy fix or if the capability exists? It seems like it should be a slam dunk!

Thanks for any help.

A

Anonymous

Alpha Tasks

I don't have a TT, but a T3. As far as I know, you'll need some third party software because of the way tasks are organized on the Palm by the rudimentary To-Do application.

H

hnortonil

The only thing I've found that does this is datebk5, which has a bit of a learning curve to start off with...

TesTeq

Registered
Use Memo instead

This issue was already discussed on this forum and the posiible workaround is to use Memos for Projects/Next Actions. You will not be able to specify the Project's required completion date but you will be able to alpha sort everything.
Regards,
TesTeq

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your referall to CAN DO! It really looks like and excellent solution.

I appreciate your help.

Jeff

A

Anonymous

Another application that will sort ToDo by description is KsToDo. The current version is 1.5.2 and it is freeware!

A

Anonymous

Didn't know that KsTodo was available in english

Thanks for the info re: ksTodo!

Looked at it a while back, but then it was in japanese so I didn't understand it. :)