• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Tungsten T5

  • Thread starter Thread starter chrissie10027
  • Start date Start date
C

chrissie10027

Guest
I have had my Tungsten T5 for less than a year, but it has recently become unresponsive to powering on/off. I will try to turn it on (using the main power switch or any other button), and it is totally unresponsive. Hours later, I hear it beep, and when I go to check on it, only to find that it is now turned on. What is going on??
 
When I had this power problem, it was because of some program I had installed. Sadly, I can't tell you which one, but when I deleted several recently, voila, power button works again!

There is a little software program called OffStroke that may be helpful.

[Oh, and my machine is a TX.]
 
Rather than a hard reset you should do a SOFT RESET ... that will retain all you information (though it is good practice to back up first). Also look at a cradle reset ... place the unit in it's cradle and then reset the unit ... Palm indicates this method resets the recharge circuits in the unit.

From there, I recommend going to the Palm support site:

www.palm.com/us/support/tungstent5/

Good information that is likely to address you're problem directly.
 
Top