• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Turn off email preview

I just turned off email preview in Outlook at work. So, now I only see a list of messages and I have to double click on one to open it.

For some unexplainable reason, this is helping me process my mail, since it's now open in a popup window over my message list, and I am actually forced to DO SOMETHING about the message before I move onto the next one.

I thought others might like to give it a try.
 
Thanks for the idea. I've just switched Mac mail to 'Classic' mode and have collapsed the preview window.

It also makes my inbox look smaller because I only see one line per message, which feels nice too!
 
apastuszak said:
I just turned off email preview in Outlook at work. So, now I only see a list of messages and I have to double click on one to open it.

For some unexplainable reason, this is helping me process my mail, since it's now open in a popup window over my message list, and I am actually forced to DO SOMETHING about the message before I move onto the next one.

I thought others might like to give it a try.

I did it ten years ago and never regretted it. Great idea!
 
Top