Update on Connect webinars

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hello GTD Connect members!

I wanted to bring you all up to speed on the Connect Webinars. I've made some changes over the past few days that I think will address many of the features and fixes you have been asking for.

LIVE EVENTS
- All live Webinars will still be done through GoToWebinar technology. Since these Webinars are reserved for members, you will be asked for your Connect login name when you register. Links to register for each event will be on the home page of Connect. If you cannot access the GoToWebinar website, can't get the player to load or have any other technical or security issues with GoToWebinar/Citrix, the replays will be the best option for you.

- We are planning to bring you at least one Webinar per month. You may recall Connect used to just to just offer 4 Teleseminars a year, so we are thrilled to be able to bring you many more live events like this. It seems to be a format many of you like, and it offers the visual element that was not offers with audio-only Teleseminars, so this is the format we plan to use for all events going forward. Even the more audio-focused events will still be run through GoToWebinar since it offers at least some visual component and more importantly, easy and free access for all of you to connect through the web--not a telephone land-line.

REPLAY ARCHIVES
- All Webinar archives have been converted to play from the Connect Media Library. If you can watch any other videos on Connect (which simply requires Flash 9) you can now also watch the Webinar replays. This should handle the issues some of you had with Citrix & Mac codec problem, streaming and timing out issues from Citrix website, security limits by your servers, etc. If you can login to Connect, you can watch the replays!

- For now, all Webinars are one track only--not split into multiple tracks. I won't bore you with the technical details on why this is so, but if you have a challenge or preference about that, please let us know.

- I am in the process of converting each of the Webinar replays into a downloadable M4V version as well, to play in iTunes. I was concerned about the size of the window to see detail, but some of you assured me that this does not matter and you'd like these to play on your iPod/iPhone. The first one available like this is Making It All Work. It will take me about a week to convert the rest and get them on the site for you.

- For now, I've left two of the Webinar files that show a good amount of screen detail also on the GoToWebinar site, since their video player is much larger. For example, I thought it was difficult to see any detail on the Managing Email webinar in the video player on Connect, so for that one, and Outlook Tips & Tricks, you can watch those through Connect or on GoToWebinar site.

If you have any questions, comments, feedback or feature requests for Webinars, or anything on the Connect site, please post it to the Forum or send it along to us at connect@davidco.com.

Cheers,
Kelly

cmcantwell

Registered
Thanks for your responsiveness

Kelly & Connect Team,

Thanks so much for making the webinars accessible. I appreciate you taking the time to convert them for iPhone viewing! You all are so responsive to us members, it's definitely setting the bar high for other membership programs.

Thanks again,
Carol

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Thanks!

Thank you all. I really appreciate your kind words. We put a lot of heart and hard work into Connect to make it useful, fun and valuable place for all of our members to play. There are many at DAC who consider Connect their Area of Focus, including David Allen and the whole coaching staff, our technical and member services team.

The webinars are new for us, so thanks for your patience with our learning curve as we figured out the best video format and technical hurdles. Having come from the classroom side of teaching GTD, I knew the visual element would be a powerful combination for you all to continue to master your GTD skills.

Thanks again for your suggestions and feedback.

Kelly