Update on David Allen Gear

Lisa Peake

Registered
An update for anyone who is wondering what's new with the David Allen product line:

The David Allen Company has begun to introduce a number of its new GTD productivity products on the Web site. These new items are being designed and manufactured directly by our company, rather than working with any third party manufacturers, such as Levenger, at the present time. These items include traveling file folders, notetaker wallets, templates, a digital two minute timer, and many new items soon to arrive. At the present time, these items are exclusive to The David Allen Company and only available in our online store . Enjoy!

Max

Registered
webagogue said:
http://www.davidco.com/store/catalog/Digital-Two-Minute-Timer-p-16218.php

David makes a lot of info available for free on this site which I and many others appreciate. But charging $10 for timer software that can be gotten for free all over the Internet is a bit greedy.

All their stuff seems overpriced to me. $2+ for a folder, $100 for a wallet, $10 for a timer program I can write myself. Then again I not a corporate suit with an expense account. I do not think the target audience for their products is the average bloke. Or maybe I am just a cheapskate. :wink:

Also, never use words like always, never, or all. The one exception I find is an obscure little book called "Getting Things Done". Now that is the one product on their site that is worth ten times the price. But of course the cheapskate in me bought it for even less on Amazon (and with free shipping).

mramm

Registered
YEAH, man they are extorting money from us.

Especially the $15 for the product that revolutionized all of our lives and has us coming to this forum everyday.

Oh, wait....

That was probably money well spent

Nevermind!

We Love DavidCo!!

Michael

S

shareyoga.com

Timer for Mac?

Does anybody know what the OS requirements are for the timer? I read the description and see no mention that it's for the Mac or PC. I'm assuming it's for the PC only but hoping there is a Mac version as well.
Many thanks!

Lisa Peake

Registered
Two Minute Timer

Update on the system requirements for the new David Allen Two Minute Timer- It is currently only available for a PC/Windows environment.

ext555

Registered
webagogue said:
http://www.davidco.com/store/catalog/Digital-Two-Minute-Timer-p-16218.php

David makes a lot of info available for free on this site which I and many others appreciate. But charging $10 for timer software that can be gotten for free all over the Internet is a bit greedy.

Keep in mind that this timer is designed for a specific purpose , to only track items by the two minute rule ...I could do without the branding all over the product , I like a clean simple interface .

I don't think the price is unreasonable .

Max

Registered
Alternatives

For those of us that do believe $10 is about $10 too much, there is an atricle over at lifehacker.com on a free timer that was written and made freely available. It does require microsoft's .NET so that is a limitation.

I did a search for "timer" on freshmeat and there were several that fit the bill. I found one I really liked written in PHP that I am going to implement (as soon as a get two spare minutes). Good thing about it is that it is web based so it's platform independent.

Also, sites like tucows list several free timers. Just want the consumers here to know there are other options.

M

morias

Apple Dashboard Page

Sorry 'bout the search results page.

Apple users can search for 'timer' on this page http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/

The search results are a mishmash of different timers and countdown clocks. I'm currently at work on a PC, so I have to wait until I get home tonight to play some of the timers.