Updated setup guide for iPhone®

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
double click on the file hit password so quit
What application is trying to open the PDF? There may be some setting that is trying to open the PDF in edit mode.

You could also try opening Apple Preview, then File > Open and navigate to the PDF to open it. That should open it without need to change the default application for launching PDFs.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
PDF Expert, my normal PDF reader.
Oogie, I wanted to find a better answer than, "use another PDF reader." Also, I was bugged by the question of why previous guides would open for you but this one wouldn't. If you download again, I think you'll find that the guide can be opened by PDF Expert without the password prompt.

When I dug into the security settings, I found one that was different on the iPhone guide. I changed it to match previous guides, and was then able to open it in PDF Expert. I have replaced the letter and A4 sizes in the Document Library. Thanks for giving my testing skills a workout.

GTDBensch

Registered
I cannt believe it. I set up iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and Mac with the new Guide. In combination with Siri this is a absolutely a game changer.
I made mindsweeps in shower, car, bed everywhere. Just speaking to Siri. The Sync is thunder fast. And its simple , easy and now costs. Best thing in 2021