• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Use of @ for @Next, etc. in Palm shortcuts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
In getting up to speed on GTD using a Palm IIIxe, I notice that I can’t make shortcuts that will print @Read, @Next, etc. but only Read, Next. Does anyone have a suggestion for a way of getting the @ to print, or of substituting a character, or do people find that Read or Next will do as well as @Read, @Next when searching on a Palm?
 
@ works in Palm shortcuts

I use the @ all the time in shortcuts. I'm not sure why you are having problems. If for some reason the graffitti stroke won't work, can you put it in using the pop-up keyboard? I used to have a IIIxe and it worked fine on mine.
 
My solution to the @ problem

The solution for me seems to be adding a space in front of the @ when setting up the Shortcut. Thanks.
 
Top