• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Viewing projects list using Evernote

I use tags for projects and nested subprojects. Using evernote for windows, it is very easy for me to see a nested list of my project tags in the sidebar, and then obtain next actions by further filtering by a tag associated with next actions. My issue is that when using evernote for iphone, I can't get a listing of my projects because the tags are mixed up with all my other tags, and there is no way to see the tag nesting that I have on evernote for windows. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of how I might modify the way in which I am doing things so that when I am using the iphone evernote app, I can obtain a list of projects, preferably nested.

Thanks!
 
As a workaround, you could try prepending your project tags with a symbol (like "@" or "+") so that they will automatically be sorted together for easy viewing on your iPhone.
 
bcmyers2112 said:
As a workaround, you could try prepending your project tags with a symbol (like "@" or "+") so that they will automatically be sorted together for easy viewing on your iPhone.

Thanks a lot. That worked well for me.
 
I prepend mine with either w. (work), p. (personal), or f. (freelance). So project examples would be w.brandguide, w.newintranet, f.redowebsite . I find the symbols can mess with the ability to email into Evernote, while the periods do not.
 
Top