• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Weekly Review analogy

A useful anlogy occured to me this week about the value of the weekly review.
Doing a weekly review is similar to my having planned and cooked all my weekly meals in advance and put them in the freezer. That way I can come home in brain-dead mode and pop something into the microwave instead of trying to figure out at 6pm what I'd like to eat, check to see what ingredients I need, make a grocery list, do the shopping, and cook the dinner.
What a difference have a freezer full of pre-cooked food! :D
 
Top