Welcome to the new forum...

W

Webmaster

Hopefully, this will work for everyone.

We will be making the archives available, but since we needed to start with a new database, they won't be part of this forum.

Let us know your thoughts.

Webmaster

A

Anonymous

New board

Looks good. This software has gotten good use in other forums I have tracked.

Thanks! Scott

A

Anonymous

New message board

Wonderful! This is great. Who says a little belly-aching won't get results? hehe
-Steve

A

Anonymous

Lookin' better

Perhaps you could add a direct link from the home page.

A

Anonymous

Love it!

Looks great.

But if anyone ever catches me using the emoticon that looks like Cartman ( :shock: - 2nd one down on the left hand side), smack me with something heavy.

Regards,
Neil

A

Anonymous

New board

Does not work very well with Netscape v4.79. Just a blank page.

J

JohnParlabane

Fantastic new format

This new format is better than I could have possibly hoped for. I really need to hand it to the David Allen folks, really outstanding job.

steve

Registered
John I second the motion, how about a STANDING OVATION for the DavidCo folks for what they've done with the new chatboard!!

Dave, regarding getting a direct link from the homepage - here's another way around the problem. Make a bookmark (add to 'favorites') to this URL:

http://www.gettingthingsdone.com/individuals.php

Once you're on that URL it's just one mouse-click to the discussion forum. That way, you skip the flashing Java/dancing lights show on the new homepage too:)

-Steve

A

Anonymous

Great move!

This newest forum is the best one yet. It's proven and looks great. Thanks for making the plunge.

A

Anonymous

Looks great, much better than the old style. Thanks for listening to your users/customers. On another topic, I'm really looking forward to the Outlook form/plug-in that you're developing!

MaryD

Registered
This is fabulous. I will definitely use this forum more often. Thanks to DA & Co for hearing the feedback and making this happen!

M

MattZ

Love the new board, but I'm encountering some confusing behavior regarding being logged in/out. I registered, logged in, and then spent quite a while composing a lengthy response to a post. When I posted it, I was surprised to see it listed as posted by "guest" - I'd had no warning that I'd gotten logged out.

Also, I've found that if - while logged in - I use the "jump to" function to go to the other forum, when I arrive there I am not recognized as being logged in. If, on the other hand, I use the "David Allen Company Forum Index" hyperlink and choose the other forum from the index, I am recognized as being logged in when I get there.

thanks,
Matt

A

Anonymous

In case you haven't noticed, on the "thread summary listing" it appears this software sorts the threads by the date of the most recent posting... so the thread with the most recent posting appears at the top of the list.

You can just glance at the top, then look down to see how many threads have changed since you last visited. A must for us "frequent flyers":)

-Steve

L

L.D. McCoy

I still have not heard anything about whether the old archives (i.e., from 1999 forward) will be posted on the site again.

Also, how does one get the postings to print so they are not cut-off?

Thanks.

J

Jason Womack

Couple of ideas..

To see the posts from the past Bulletin Board, check : http://www.davidco.com/forum_list.php

To print out the Posting board, her are a few options:
1. Print in landscape format
2. Copy the text in the browser and paste into a word processing program
3. Print at a reduced percentage, say, 85%
4. Save the page as a text file and open it in a word processing program

Jason
jason@davidco.com